- Corazón Violento, Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates, 400 cms x 200 cmsPaper2014"Corazón Violento" is a reflection of how someone from the rural area of Colombia with a dream to build a bright future, takes a wrong path in life due to the lack of any resources. It is the story of a young woman, entering the ranks as a "guerrillera" in the Farc fighting against the government and how she finally escaped from there.
Sharjah Calligraphy Biennial, 2014
- Corazón Violento 400 cms x 200 cmsSharjah Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates2014
- Corazón Violento 400 cms x 200 cmsSharjah Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates2014"Corazón Violento" is a reflection of how someone from the rural area of Colombia with a dream to build a bright future, takes a wrong path in life due to the lack of any resources. It is the story of a woman called Karina, entering the ranks as a “guerrillera” in the Farc fighting against the government and how she finally escaped from there.
- Rages 200 cms x 170 cmsPaper2014Paper - Sharjah Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arab Emirates
- Rages (Detail) 200 cms x 170 cmsPaper - Calligraphy Biennial, Sharjah, Arabs Emirates, 20142009
- News 100 cms x 320 cmsPaper - Gallery Handwerkskammer fur Munchen, Germany, 20142008"News" is based on daily news items taken from newspapers and the internet, specially articles about the war in Iraq. I was moved not only by the facts, but also by the overwhelming quantity of information that we are bombarded with by the media which often leaves us with a sense of helplessness.
- Obliviousness 50 cms x 300 cmsArt Space of the Technological University of Pereira, Colombia2015
- Obliviousness 50 cms x 300 cmsArt Space of the Technological University of Pereira, Colombia2015“Stories” are a series of works focusing on personal and historical events. I converted the echoes of individual or collective experiences into texts by using liquid paper as my ink.
- Obliviousness 50 cms x 450 cmsPaper2016Museum Juan del Corral Santa Fe de Antioquia, Colombia
- Stories of Leiden 450 cms x 170 cmsPaper installation with sound - Museum Het Leids Weverhuis, Leiden, Netherlands2007This works describe the history of a small weaver house from the 16th century in Leiden. It is both a testimony and a tribute to the house’s past and its capability to survive throughout the years. The text indicates the type of house it was, the names of those who lived there and show extracts from an interview that I made with the last two inhabitants of the weaver house.
- Stories of Immigrants (Detail of the Installation) 500 cms x 155 cmsPaper - Gallery Paul Bardwell, Colombo Americano, Medellin, Colombia2007Collection of texts based on interviews that I carried out with Colombians living in Holland. After transcribing the texts and choosing the ones to be used, I rewrote them with paper pulp.
What captivated my attention most was the common denominator found in all the life histories: leaving behind a country of origin in search of a wonderful dream and then confronting the harsh reality of coping with a totally different culture and language.
- The Dark Night 100 cms x 70 cmsPaper2007Fragments taken from the poem "The Dark Night" written in the 16th century by the Spanish mystic San Juan de la Cruz. I have been fascinated by the beauty of the poem, the rhythmical flow of the words and its meaning. The two paper pages are like an open book, where individual words seem to be trapped in a net, as if the was constrained to reach a higher reality.
- Poem 50 cms x 70 cmsPaper2008